This position will be based in Lyons, Oregon and report directly to the timber manager. Cruising, appraising and evaluating potential timber purchases will be the primary duties.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Forest Management/Forest Operations Management, or 5 years’ experience cruising.
· Excellent PC skills inclusive of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and familiar with GIS.
· Valid Driver’s License
· Working at various times on steep slopes in a wide range of adverse weather and field conditions.
· Demonstrate professional and technical expertise.
· Individual needs to be a motivated self-starter, creative problem solver and enthusiastic team player.
– Employer conducts a background check and drug test.
** An ideal candidate will have the following attitude, qualifications and skill set **
– Proven customer service skills and related verbal and written communication skills.
– Attention to detail with excellent problem solving skills, high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
– Maintain high personal and professional standards of focus, attention, and dedication to work.
– Continue education for professional improvement.
– Approach responsibilities of employment with enthusiasm while working with other teams and departments.
– Superior organizational and communication skills plus the ability to initiate and handle multiple projects and deadlines and the ability to work with multiple internal customers and team members from varied levels and functional backgrounds.
– Strong work ethic, sense of commitment, team-oriented, customer focused and willingness to embrace change while striving for continuous improvement.
– Assertive and responsible, while exemplifying the highest level of ethics honesty and integrity.
– Looks for the opportunity and has the capacity to take on additional responsibility.
– Coordinate monthly cruising schedule with lead appraiser and other company cruisers to assure timely and efficient completion of cruising projects. Includes government sales as well as private tracts.
– Locate timberland sites, lays out the cruising method, performs cruise and collects necessary data to appraise value.
– Maintain current knowledge of Oregon Forest Practice Rules and Regulations.
– Write reports and correspondence.
– Fire suppression.
– Slash disposal and other duties may be assigned.
45-50 hours per week with occasional weekend work.
Salary depends on experience. Compensation package includes medical/dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time off, quarterly profit sharing bonus, year-end bonus, and retirement benefits.
Who is Freres Lumber Company?
Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922. Today the company has two veneer plants, a veneer drying facility, plywood plant, a co-generation facility on site and our new veneer based engineered wood product – Mass Plywood Panel (MPP). Throughout the companys life we have focused on maintaining modern manufacturing facilities, provide high quality wood products and provide family wage jobs to the local area.
We reward our employees though competitive compensation, advancement opportunities and a great place to work.