Job Title: Log Truck Driver
Branch: Trucking Department
Report To: Log Truck Manager
Schedule: Varies (Monday-Friday & Occasional Saturday)
Wage Range: $20.35
Log Truck Driver Operator reports to the Log Truck Manager and is responsible for delivering logs from logging units to mill sites. Training on log truck specific instructions will be provided.
- Drive log truck
- Tie down loads and insure they are secure
- Abide by all DOT road & safety requirements
- Daily Maintenance checks on equipment, however the driver is not responsible for maintaining and servicing trucks.
- Maintain all logs accurately, timely and legibly
Responsibilities are not limited to the above mentioned and may include assisting other branches within reasonable and related tasks.
- Working in Wet / Hot and Inclement weather
- Peak periods where a longer shift is needed
- Sitting for a long period of time
- Flexible Schedule
- Class A CDL
- Current DOT medical card meeting Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requirements.
- Able to work under limited supervision
- Self-starter / Motivated individual
We offer a highly competitive wage, PTO, health insurance, 401(k), and profit sharing.
Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in Lyons, Oregon as a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business. Three generations of family management have led the Company’s veneer and plywood manufacturing facilities to excel in the Santiam Canyon and we are committed to operating for another 100+ years.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant and cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to become the sole producer and developer of a unique, patent-pending wood product, the Mass Plywood Panel. If you have growth mindset and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our team!