Freres Lumber is a dynamic forest products manufacturer that’s revolutionizing the mass timber market with its newly developed, patent-pending Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) product. We are seeking an experienced Controller to assist us in taking the Company to the next level and will have the skills and experience to transition to Chief Financial Officer in 2 years.
Job Title: Controller
Location: Lyons, OR
Reports To: CFO
- Manage the month-end closing process.
- Prepare monthly & annual financial statements.
- Prepare supporting documentation for external CPA’s (tax return & review).
- Manage the accounting for fixed assets.
- Manage property tax and other regulatory filings.
- Manage and improve upon newly installed ERP system.
- Assist in the development of and reporting on key performance and productivity metrics.
- Work closely with Accounting Manager to identify and implement process improvements.
- Work closely with Plant Managers to optimize business processes and reporting.
- Provide training, assistance & oversight of accounting department in a manner that promotes a strong team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Prior experience as Controller or equivalent.
- 10+ years accounting experience, preferably in forest products/manufacturing.
- Experience with Great Plains, Lumber Track and/or Docuware preferred.
- CPA/CMA preferred.
Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in the Santiam Canyon of Oregon. We are a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business headquartered in Lyons, Oregon. Now in its third generation, family management continues to build on the success of past generations.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant, mass plywood plant and stud mill in addition to having our own fleet of trucks and a cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood, MPP and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to develop and become the sole producer of a unique, patent-pending wood product, the Mass Plywood Panel. If you have a growth mindset and a continuous-improvement attitude, you’re probably a great fit for our team!