The CAD Drafter reports to the Sales Manager and will provide support in the design, fabrication, modification, evaluation in support of manufacturing operations, specifically for the Mass Plywood Plant. The incumbent will use CAD and CAM works business information systems to accurately prepare drawing and assembly packages, bills of material and other documentation as required to ensure the highest level of profitability and customer satisfaction.
• Provide CAD drawings that will be used by the shop to fabricate wood components for structural applications
• Produce legible and technically correct drawings in an efficient manner
• Ensure the quality of outgoing drawings
• Communicate with project managers, salespeople and shop personnel to complete drawings for projects in a timely fashion
• Able to maintain strict control over customer data files and revisions
Responsibilities are not limited to the above mentioned and may include assisting other branches within reasonable and related tasks.
• Sitting for an extended period of time.
• High school degree or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year of relevant CAD drafting experience. Alpha CAM programming and AutoCAD experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of layers in AutoCAD
• Work with CAD CAM Tools such as Rhino and Grasshopper is a plus
• Ability to read blueprints, use a tape measure and scale
• Detail oriented
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High degree of self-motivation
We offer a highly competitive wage, PTO, health insurance and profit sharing.
Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in Lyons, Oregon as a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business. Three generations of family management have led the Company’s veneer and plywood manufacturing facilities to excel in the Santiam Canyon and we are committed to operating for another 100+ years.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant and cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to become the sole producer and developer of a unique, patent-pending wood product, the Mass Plywood Panel. If you have growth mindset and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our team!