The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices, vendor statements, credit card and petty cash reconciliation.
• Process incoming invoices into paperless document routing system
• Review and route invoices to appropriate approver
• Ensure proper GL/Cost Center coding on approved invoices
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
• Process manual check requests as needed
• Prioritize invoices according to cash discount and vendor terms
• Prepare and perform weekly check run/credit card payment
• Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
• Respond to all vendor inquiries
• Establish and maintain vendor profiles
• 1099 maintenance and annual processing
• Reconcile daily banking activity
• Disburse petty cash, verify and balance receipts and documentation
• Balance petty cash and replenish base as needed or at least monthly
• Audit and reconcile company credit card activity and process payment
• Frequently perform duties that require deadlines
• Plant 2 daily Stats Entry
• Assist with month end closing
• Provide administrative support to owners, managers, supervisors as needed
• Provide Timber AP assistance and training as needed
• Practice a high degree of confidentiality
• Shipping and receiving duties as necessary
• Customer Service at Front Counter and on the Telephone
• Radio Communication
• Process Vendor Credit Applications
• Back up Timber Dept Clerk as needed
• Create/Order company forms as needed
Working at computer station.
• 1-2 of prior years’ Accounts Payable experience (paperless processing preferred)
• Ability to work independently and with a team in fast paced, high volume environment
• Knowledge of general accounting procedures
• General math skills
• Proficient data entry skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• High attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
We offer a highly competitive wage, PTO, health insurance and profit sharing.
Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in Lyons, Oregon as a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business. Three generations of family management have led the Company’s veneer and plywood manufacturing facilities to excel in the Santiam Canyon and we are committed to operating for another 100+ years.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant and cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to become the sole producer and developer of a unique, patented wood product, the Mass Ply Panel. If you have growth mindset and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our team!