Over The Road Truck Driver/Operator reports to the Highway Truck Manager and is responsible for delivering company products and back hauls material to the company and vendor locations.
• Drive semi-truck.
• Ensures safe loading, handling and transportation of a variety of cargos.
• Keep accurate shipping and receiving records and maintain logs and records according to DOT/FMCSA regulations and company policy.
• Must have the ability to be out on the road at least overnight, but possibly up to a week
• Follows verbal and written dispatch and directions.
• Must show up on time for work schedule.
• Tie-down loads and ensure they are secure.
• Abide by all DOT road & safety requirements.
• Daily Maintenance checks on equipment.
• Maintain all logs accurately, timely and legibly.
Responsibilities are not limited to the above mentioned and may include assisting other branches within reasonable and related tasks.
• Must be able to throw straps and tarp loads.
• Lifting of >50lbs.
• Sitting for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift, drag, push and pull heavy objects such as tarps.
• Kneeling / Squatting.
• Working in Wet / Hot and Inclement weather.
• Peak periods where a longer shift is needed.
• Flexible Schedule
• Class A CDL with double / triples endorsement.
• Two (2) years of experience driving similar equipment
• Clean DMV driving record within the last five (5) years.
• Able to work under limited supervision.
• Self-starter / Motivated individual.
We offer a highly competitive wage, PTO, health insurance and profit sharing. Additional benefits are paid $50 for sleeping in sleeper per night, a $35 per day diem, paid showers, parking and paid by the hour, loaded or empty.
Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in Lyons, Oregon as a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business. Three generations of family management have led the Company’s veneer and plywood manufacturing facilities to excel in the Santiam Canyon and we are committed to operating for another 100+ years.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant and cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to become the sole producer and developer of a unique, patented wood product, the Mass Ply Panel. If you have growth mindset and thrive under pressure, you’re probably a great fit for our team!